COVID-19 Update from Huntington Area CVB
A number of events have been postponed and/or canceled at this time. We are updating our website calendars as quickly as possible, based on the information that is available, but we ask that you please visit the website or social media pages of each individual event or contact the event organizers directly for the most up-to-date information.
- This event has passed.
WV High School Wrestling State Championships
April 19 @ 8:30 am - 9:00 pm
he West Virginia high school wrestling state championships will take place at Mountain Health Arena April 19-22, 2021. The Class AAA portion of the tournament is scheduled for April 19-20. The Class AA-A tournament is scheduled for April 21-22.
WHAT OUR PATRONS CAN EXPECT
ASM Global has developed an industry-leading reopening program called VenueShield, to provide the highest levels of safety, security and consumer confidence, in alignment with approvals from local government officials and health care experts. These protocols and procedures are being activated in various stages at more than 325 ASM Global facilities world-wide. All current federal and state regulations regarding mitigating risks of spreading COVID-19 will be strictly followed as well.
THE FOLLOWING MEASURES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED
- Disinfection cleaning – Prior to each event, trained staff will follow CDC and local guidelines on the cleaning and disinfecting of all areas including touchpoints (handrails, seats, restrooms, etc.)
- Face coverings – Face coverings must be worn at all times, with the exception of eating and drinking while seated in designated socially distanced seating area.
- Clear bag policy – A clear bag policy will be enforced to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19 upon bag check at entry. Only clear bags no larger than 13″ by 15″ will be permitted.
- Social distancing – From arrival to exit, markers and staff will be placed to enforce physical distancing. These markers will be placed at temperature checkpoints, security checkpoints, restrooms and concession stands.
- Personal hygiene – Non-contact hand sanitizer dispensers will be placed throughout the facility. Proper hand washing and personal hygiene reminders will be posted throughout the facility as well.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- All staff and vendors at Mountain Health Arena will follow strict protocols including temperature checks, proper mask wearing and use of PPE, and proper hygiene procedures.
- DO NOT ATTEND EVENTS if you currently or in the last 14 days have been sick, experienced a fever or other symptoms or have been in direct contact with anyone who has shown symptoms in the last 14 days.
- All patrons will go through standard security screenings including metal detection.
- Failure to comply with the requirements of the protocols in place may result in the individual being removed from the venue.
Protocols may be adjusted without notice in accordance to guidelines from government and public health officials. Please continue to monitor our website for any updates.